The Coordinamento Tutela Mare (CTM) promoted by the Marine Protected Area Gaiola, includes 18 NGOs dedicated to the protection of the marine environment in the Gulf of Naples on Friday, March 26, 2021, from 16:30 to 18:30 will present the Project #arrestalereste, aimed at raising awareness among institutions and citizens on the issue related to the dispersion in the sea of polypropylene nets, resulting from the processes of mussel farming.
The project promotes a Citizen Science action for wide-ranging data collection and identifies possible solutions to the problem.
– Introduction to the CTM and presentation of the #arrestalereste Project (Maurizio Simeone, Director AMP Parco Sommerso Gaiola)
– Video Launch #ARRESTALERESTE
– Prof. Giovanni Fulvio Russo: President SIBM, Professor Marine Ecology Univ. Parthenope of Naples
– Dr. Rosa Caterina Marmo: responsible UOD Management of natural protected resources Campania Region – Protection and safeguard of marine and coastal habitat – Parks and natural reserves
– Dr, Maria Passari: responsible for the UOD Central Office for Fishing and Aquaculture – Campania Region
– Prof. Lucia Francesca Menna: Councillor for Equal Opportunities with responsibility for the Sea of the Municipality of Naples
– C.F. (CP) Vittorio Giovannone: Campania Maritime Directorate
Interventions from CTM:
– The invasion of the beaches: direct experiences during the actions of cleaning beaches and sandy shores (Video edited by n’Sea Yet, interventions of F. Zazzera and L. B. Laudiero on behalf of the Associations of the CTM engaged in the activities of cleaning beaches)
– Problems for the pelagic environment (Barbara Mussi, Oceanomare Delphis)
– Problems for the marine avifauna (Marcello Bruschini, Asoim)
– Problems for artisanal coastal fishing (Osvaldo Cammarota, Arci Pesca FISA)
Conference registration form: https://forms.gle/8S5HMLh9ExhaTDvq7